(So I didn’t have time to do a more involved sketch.)
I did a bee! I’ve done bees before – on an acrylic painting at one of those canvas and…whatever classes. (This one was wine-free.)
Here’s my inspiration.
I used charcoal pencils, which I think were the right tool for the job, but Im only semi-ok with how it turned out. The wings are off-killer, and I wasn’t sure what do with where they overlapped with the body. I mean, I know they’re somewhat transparent, but sketching even lightly underneath looked stupid.
But here’s how it turned out.
Once I took this photo, I realized the wings are also not the same size. (Forehead, meet palm.) I can live with this – maybe I’ll try another one tomorrow. If I weren’t doing this so late as it is, I’d give it another shot right now.
Maybe it would be better if there was some sort of reference point to get. A clear idea of what angle this insect is at, but there isn’t.
Well, I’ve done worse!