I was sort of in a hurry, because it’s knitting night (it got moved – no more Thursdays), but I also don’t want to do a huge chunk of sketches way ahead of time. Last week was certainly not my best. I did rush some stuff, as noted below.
This was better than expected. I found the inspiration model on Pinterest (per usual), but the detailing (which I really like to do) was hard for me to break down visually, so I did make some changes.
A ruler and protractor were used for the outside, but I really need to take the time to use the ruler on the inside as well. That includes the inner rectangles and the diamonds in the etchings as well.
However, on the whole, I am not unhappy with this. I did use a mechanical pencil as I knew the details would get super small, and that was probably a good choice, even if it’s counter to working with legitimate artist tools.