(I do like me the Murmurs!)
There’s not a lot I have to say about this one, except I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.
The vines aren’t quite what they should be. I should have used a finer point pencil, although I think the HB is about as fine as it gets – sharpening to a finer point might have helped. Minimally, they’re heavy-handed, especially compared to the light sketching of the tower itself.
The roof gave me trouble, but it’s OK. I didn’t use a ruler at all on this, yet it still looks pretty good. Yeah, it’s a little off balance at the top…but only if you’re looking for it. My lines are much more consistent than they have been.
Overall, it’s got minor issues here and there (OK, all over the place), but it’s something I can truly consider a sign of my progress.
On a slightly related note, I got zero work done on my handmade cards. I decided on the drawing I will do. It’s the third one I did for Christmas tree week. Now I just need to make 20 or so of them. I haven’t decided if the watercolor aspect of it is necessary or not.
Although I have to make many, the drawing won’t be that big of a deal. However, my calligraphy pen (no, I don’t know calligraphy, but nice handwriting done with such a pen still looks pretty classy) isn’t “grabbing” the paper as well as it needs to.