After yesterday’s debacle, I decided to go back to a drinkware style I had more success with. At the same time, I didn’t want to back track too far, so I chose my replica of a teacup of the Titanic Parisian cafe. This has a lot of detailing on it, and I wasn’t sure how well I could portray that.
And for good measure, I included the saucer.
<—– Here’s the model.
I can produce better photography than that, and I didn’t realize it was blurry until just now. You should still get the idea. (I already put it away, otherwise I’d redo it. With three cats. And two dogs, too much time outside the China cabinet doesn’t tend to end well.)
Here’s a partial —–>
I wanted a decent version in case the detailing turned out terrible. I can see now that the saucer is a bit off, which explains some trouble I had as I continued. Interesting what a photograph can reveal!
Final result – and it could be worse!
It looks like I did adjust the saucer a bit, or maybe the detailing is hiding it. This would be worth another sketch in color, maybe even using pastels. (I’m certainly not ready for those yet. My early attempts are even more embarrassing of drinkware #3!)